Thursday, October 24, 2019

"There lies Peru with its riches; Here, Panama and its poverty. Choose, each man, what best becomes a brave Castilian. For my part, I go to the south."  - Francisco Pizarro, 1528

I'm really pleased with the response to my first historical fiction piece, "The Assyrian Siege of Jerusalem (701 BC)". Thank you so much for everyone who's read it so far and given me encouragement and feedback! If you haven't read it yet, then you should definitely check it out. You can find it at the top of my blog. 

As you can probably tell from the quote at the top, I've also settled on the theme of my next piece, which will be the Spanish Conquest of Peru (covering the main events from 1527-1541). It's another one that is quite personal to me, this time because I lived in Peru for nearly 3 years, and have many great memories from there. I've also already received help from several of my Peruvian friends (particularly around the Quechua language) for which I'm very grateful. 

As usual, I will do my best to stick to the facts as closely as possible, while also providing an enjoyable story line. My historical fiction pieces are always meant to both entertain and educate, and so this one might take a while to finish, as finding that balance between entertainment and the often shocking truth is a delicate process. Please stay patient, I'll keep you updated on my progress, and will make it very clear when it's to be released. In the meantime, feel free to read my first piece, and let me know what you think (either in a public comment or in a private message. Constructive criticism only, please).  

Phil Raymond
#philraymondsfh

No comments:

Post a Comment